Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Care of Weapons (according to the Revised Regulations for the Army, 1862):
2. After firing, wash out the barrel, then run a cloth down the barrel in order to dry it. After cleaning, put a tampion in the muzzle to keep dirt and water out.
3. Do not have arms loaded in camp unless authorized.
4. Ammunition will be inspected as frequently as possible. Any unauthorized expenditure of rounds will result in the cost of the rounds being docked from the soldier’s pay.
5. Do not mix blank and ball rounds.
6. Expose ammunition to the sun to keep them dry.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]